Tuesday, October 11, 2011

White Wednesday, Altered Tins and Freebies!

White Wednesday! Well, yes, I know it's Thursday :)

I have been having a blast lately playing in a number of swaps for Halloween!

This beautiful altered tin from Jill
is perfect for my White Wednesday post!

This is an altoid tin that Jill papered inside and out
and mounted on a chipboard stand. So clever!
Inside she created a diptych with a magic and moonbeams theme.
It's just beautifully embellished, I LOVE it, thank you Jill!
And thank you Wendy for hosting this very fun swap!



And now...my tin for Jill!



The image and rusty bits are from Paper Whimsy, the watchface is vintage,
the wings were die cut from the foil from a wine bottle ;) and embossed.
Some vintage lace and a handmade rose from vintage music paper.
My new favorite technique for Halloween crafting
is to rip up pieces of netting and heat with a heat gun,
gently twisting and turning.
It curls in different places and lends a bit of quirky randomness to the project.

Inside is my little vignette...
a potion brewed from magic mushrooms, butterfly wings
and who knows what else,
served up by an evil queen...is it a treat or a trick?



Here's a couple of images for your Halloween crafting:



Click to enlarge, right click and save!

Thanks for stopping by, and please visit Faded Charm Cottage
for some lovely White inspiration.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Wendy Aspinall said...

Lorraine oh my! your and Jill are masters of this altered tin thing I loved Jill i hinted that it should coming my way but I love your too... you both nailed it ... now for news I'm thinking a christmad tin swap soon and i want to do a show case of all the tins can i use your photo of yours i will link back to you hugs wendy

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very unique and awesome tins that you two made and exchanged.
deb

Lululiz said...

The altered tins are just amazing, I can't believe the details and embellishments.
The last image is very spooky, quite disturbing.

Gerri Herbst said...

Lorraine such a wonderfully detailed tin! You are such a talent, so glad I stopped by.
take care, gerri

Laurie said...

All the art you've shown in this and the last post are AMAZING!

Marijke van Ooijen said...

Hay,

Your blog is amazing!
I will follow your blog.
Please take a look into my world.

Love..Marijke
www.marijkevanooijen.blogspot.com

avinuity said...

First frame is looking awesome, i like it so much great art!!
Thanks for the incredible post..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...