Friday, May 20, 2011

Pink Saturday!

Yay! I love Pink Saturday!

Our monthly meeting of *ArT*PaRtY*!! was this past week,
and the theme was "Winged Things".
Our swap was to make "something with wings on a stick".
Here is my little angel on a stick:

And closer:

Actually this is not the actual angel I traded,
I forgot to take a picture of it before the meeting.
It was so fun to make:
the body is a bathroom tissue tube,
flattened and collaged and gessoed.
A cute little Paper Whimsy face,
some vintage lace, crepe paper, yoyo and paper rose.
Seam binding, rick rack and lace streamers
hanging from a dowel inserted into the tube.
The wings are made from a Tim Holtz die cut.

My swap partner was Marti, who made this (not so little) cutie:

She started out making it as a joke,
with silly things from the Dollar Store,
then it turned out so cute she decided to use it for her swap!

Look at Rosa's fabulous entry:


This is Ginger, our hostess of the month, wings and all:

She made us a lovely pasta and vegetable dinner,
and true to our theme, we also munched on buffalo chicken wings,
palmiers and angel food cake.
A lovely time was had by all,
and I'm so excited to share our next month's project with you!
But not yet!

Happy Pink Saturday, and have a wonderful weekend!!
Visit How Sweet the Sound for more pinkness!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Holly said...

oh, what fun you must've had and I love how they came out. I love artful gatherings. Thanks for sharing.
Happy Pink Saturday!

reimaginedtreasures.blogspot.com said...

I love your winged thing! It must have been really great to go to a gathering like that. I wonder if anyone has them around here? Nice french music, too!

The Artful Diva said...

Your winged creations are divine! I'm sure the recipient of the swap loved her doll.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Happy Pink Saturday
I have become a Follower
Really beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

Marti McClure said...

Lorraine, I can't beleive you put Mop Dolly on Pink Saturday! Your photos are great - love the pic of Ginger! She is more decorated than Mop Dolly.

Anonymous said...

Those are precious and so is Ginger! She looks like a little Faerie with glitter! They really turned out cute, I may have to give it a whirl:) Marcia
HPS!

Anonymous said...

I just left a comment on PW and now I have to leave one here, too! Your Angel Swap was so great...and your Angel is outstanding. Love what you ALL made!
I shall have to become a 'follower' so I can keep up with you!

Hugs
Jan

Tobi Britton*pinkpixieforest.blogspot.com said...

Wow!
So creative and fun...

Hmmnn... she thought- I think I needs to get me a pair of them wings...

Have a happy Pink Saturday!!
Sparkly Hugs,
Tobi and the Pixies!

jeanne said...

Hi Lorraine, thank you for your sweet comment yesterday. I love the angel wings and yours is my fave. It was fun to see the different ideas everyone came up with about wings. The hostess looks so pretty in her 'wings.' A fun post and you are very clever to use a toilet paper roll. Who would know? Not me.
Happy Pink Sat.
Hugs, Jeanne

Noah said...

Hi, my name is Noah and I'm very new to blogging. Would you kindly check out my blog at noahmakesmemories@blogspot.com ? I love your work and it is truly inspiring me to expand my thinking. Have a wonderful day. noah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...