Friday, August 10, 2012

Oui, oui!!

Hello Friends!

Ah, another Freebie Friday and Pink Saturday.
Hope you are all keeping cool,
with all the heat waves across the country.

I do have a couple of projects to share with you.
First up is a "jeweled matchbox and altered domino set"
that I made for a swap in my Marie group:


I layered a couple of metal ornaments and embellished with
crystals and rhinestones and a porcelain rose. 
I think I've been holding onto that porcelain rose since the 1990s, lol,
but I think this is the perfect project for it.
I used glossy accents on both images.

And here is another OUI banner I made for a
swap in our Paper Soiree group:


I love making these banners out of bits and scraps,
and they make up pretty quickly using the Sizzix banner die.
Some pink glittered letters and silver fleurs de lys, gems, tulle, lace,
and crinkled seam binding!! 
Our meeting is Wednesday so I'll have some bits to share about that!

Here's a couple of freebies with a little bit of a bug theme going on:
ladybugs and dragonflies!
Speaking of bugs, I sure do miss those summer lightning bugs/fireflies.
What do they call them where you live?
We just don't even have them in So California.


Click to enlarge, right click and save!

Lots of links to lovely pinks at Pink Saturday.
Party on at a very pinteresting party at Tutus and Tea Parties!

Thanks for visiting, and have a great weekend!

Photobucket

15 comments:

The French Hutch said...

These matchbox jewels are beautiful. I love the banner and it's perfect for a swap. Who wouldn't love to have one of those delights! Delightful freebies…….

Have a great weekend.
~Emily
The French Hutch

Marti McClure said...

I love your photo of the Oui banner! The background is perfect. Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday.

Cute cute crafted items, adorable ladybugs, and lovely dragonflies. I helped myself to the freebies. Thank you. I am enjoying having the woman at the beach (from last PS) on my laptop photo displays.

When I saw your matchboxes, I couldn't help but think of these boxes I learned to make. Perhaps one day I'll post about that. I still have the one I learned with. Not that it's old, sometime back in the mid-90's, just that it's getting pretty beat up from opening and closing now and then for the pattern.

I mentioned your blog on my Pink Saturday post.

Enjoyed my visit again! Thanks again for the freebies (this and last week).
Happy Pink Saturday!

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

I love your matchbox creation! Happy Pink Saturday! Penny

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with your banners and the altered match boxes...sigh, so pretty! Have a wonderful weekend!

xo, abby

Anonymous said...

Such a darling Banner!! I don't know anything about a Sizzix- is that like a Cricut or Silhouette machine?

bee blessed
mary

Anonymous said...

Your French banner is precious! Everything you create is adorable, and thank you for the freebies! Have a great weekend, HPS
Marcia

Ann said...

Oh how beautiful and charming is that banner!!! Thanks for the freebies.
Ann

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

HPS!


Love, love, love this banner!


Gabriela

Robyn said...

Hi Lorraine,

The banner is adorable, the matchbox and domino lovely - anyone would love to be the recipient! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, OH, here in Cincinnati you usually here the term "lightning bugs"
Hope you are having a fun pink weekend!

Leah H. said...

Both are beautiful:)

Visiting from Pink Saturday- hope you can stop by..

http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/08/new-hello-kitty-shoes.html

Unknown said...

Hi there, Happy Pink Saturday to you! I just love that little matchbox you made, gorgeous! And that banner is adorable!
Thanks for visiting my blog, I will definately be back here to visit!
~~Dorothy~~

Crystal said...

Love the vintage look! :-)

Connie said...

Hello, I am so very happy that I found your blog, WOW!!! You have such a charming site here. I am your newest follower and I'm looking forward to taking more time and going though your posts at a very slow pace, so that I can take in all the delightful details.
Have a great day. Connie :)

Michele said...

the matchbox/domino set -- dreamily beautiful! thank you for the freebies! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...