Friday, October 24, 2014

Halloween! Matchbox! Freebies!

Hello Friends!

Well, I've been down for the count for the last week
due to a cold that came on like a lion.
I think it's finally moving on,
but I had to share a bright spot in my week last week,
my swap from Tami, my partner in JoAnne's Matchbox Swap.

If you read my post last week, you may remember
that I said that my partner and I were a perfect match?
If you didn't read it, :O
or don't remember, :(
you can scroll down
or click here.

OK, if you don't want to click,
here is an excerpt:

"I made this altered matchbox for a swap at Vintage Dragonfly:


 There is more texture and color variation to the matchbox
than you can see in this picture.
My partner prefers Fall colors and not too creepy,
so we were a perfect match!"


Well.
Imagine my surprise when I opened my box to find this:

 
Mine:


 Hers:
 
Yes!  We used the same frame!!
If matchboxes had sisters, they would be sisters!
So, that whole perfect match thing...
But a little bit spooky, right?  :)

It is really a lovely matchbox, and Tami filled it with wonderful
seasonal goodies, thank you, Tami, I love it!

To get even more mileage out of this matchbox swap :D
I took photos of the presentation.

Here is my card...

...clear away the cobwebs (figuratively) :)
to find this:
Due to the cold, I had to miss my Paper Soiree meeting, :(
but I did manage to make little favors for everyone:
 

Some washi tape wrapped around an inked spool, some baker's twine,
a skeleton hand hot glued into the hole,
and some Tim Holtz Halloween tickets.
I wish I'd taken a pic of them all together,
they were pretty cute.

Fall and Halloween images!!





Click to enlarge, right click and save!

More Friday fun to be had at Fabulously Creative Friday!  
Lots of great ideas at Show and Tell Friday!  
Lovely blues at Anything Blue Friday!
Lots of links to lovely pinks at Pink Saturday!
Creative living, decorating, and craft ideas at Inspired Sunday!
Lovely tablescapes at Seasonal Sundays!
Cute and crafty stuff at Make it Monday!
Be inspired by Inspire Me Tuesday!
Vintage creativity at Vintage Inspiration Wednesday!
For links to lovely, shabby, chippy whites, stop by Blissful Whites Wednesday!
Beautiful greys at Grey Dey Thursdeys.
Lovely things to be found at
French cottagey links at Feathered Nest Friday!
 

♥♥♥ Thank you so much for visiting and for all your lovely comments!! ♥♥♥
Have a great weekend!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

How funny, Lorraine! Great minds, right? : ) I love the web bag you put it all in, too. Love the spoolie with the skeleton arm. Such fun.

JoAnne said...

I knew you and Tami would be a match made in matchbox heaven but that really is uncanny! So glad you both joined in. Happy Halloween Lorraine! xo

Createology said...

Sorry you are sick...seems to be the season. Love your swaps. Creative Altered Bliss...

Patty Antle said...

It's always a treat to read your blog post, Lorraine! I was in a match box swap once and loved it!! As pretty as yours are on the outside I can only imagine what was inside! Hope you feel better real soon!!

Tami Hacker said...

Lorraine,

Uncanny, spooky, amazing, how we ended up creating similar matchboxes for one another and were clueless we were doing it...we are kindred spirits!

I ADORE the matchbox you created for me and am spoiled by all the treasures you enclosed in it!

What's this about you not feeling well?

Jeanie said...

Lorraine, I am wild about your matchbox and Tami's, too. Indeed -- a "match" made in heaven! The art you used is one of my favorites -- that little girl. And another I use often is the cat and broom! Fun to see them here.

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well and by the time you read this that it is all a thing of the past. Happy Spooky Day!

Unknown said...

What a great swap you two had, same frame, go figure!
I love, love those little spools you created, fun indeed.
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...